Monday, March 30, 2009

Yah. I'm THAT Mom!

Saturday was a perfectly boring day... that is up until Kadie climbed on my lap crying incessantly that her head hurt. I started to think about the the story of how a little girl complained a headache two days after a head injury and ended up having internal bleeding and needing surgery, she was only saved because the parents had just heard of Natasha Richardson dying from the same thing. I walked her into the kitchen to give her some Tylenol but then she puked, twice. I started to panic and told John I was taking her to the hospital. She started screaming... "No. I don't wanna go. I'm okay. I'm okay." And deep down I knew she probably was fine (I hadn't seen her hit her head) but I wouldn't be able to live with myself if it was something more serious (because knowing how rough my kids are, she could have hit it and me not know it).

We arrived shortly after 11 and were in a room getting blood drawn by 12. She then had a CT and we just waited and waited and waited for the results to come back. Turns out she just has a sinus infection (or so the dr says, I'm thinking he just didn't want to send me home without a diagnosis, but I could be wrong) and he gave us some antibiotics to help clear that up. We were home and in bed by 2am.

I felt like a paranoid first time mom but everyone was very nice about it. They may have been laughing at me in the hall but I didn't care. I'm just glad to have been wrong.

2 comments:

Sheri said...

Better safe than sorry! I'm glad she is ok!

Tiffany said...

OMG heck no don't feel bad silly! You did the right thing - God knows you wouldn't want to blow it off and it be something serious! The Army pretty much puts us families through the ringer with one of the few benefits being decent insurance so USE IT! Gosh that would have scared the crap out of me. Glad she's ok

You can never be to cautious when it comes to their health!