Friday, February 5, 2010

Fun Photo Friday - My Baby Is Growing Up

My first daughter with my husband was born on January 14th 2001. My first real delivery and I had just turned 20. John was barely 19 and saying he was pale during delivery is an understatement. It was an induction that went off without a hitch... except for the fact my doctor didn't make it back in time to deliver and the on call doctor looked like my grandpa ;)


This little girl has been the light of my life. She is beautiful, intelligent and as goofy as her daddy. She is growing up too fast though. Next year she will be in the double digits and before long we will have two "women" in this house. Why can't they stay babies forever? Where they love Barney, think watching you play video games on your phone is cool and radiate such joy with their contagious laughter and you think life can't get any better.

I know there are bigger and better things around the corner but feeling like I missed my baby growing up even when I was here every step of the way is hard. I can only imagine how hard it is for her daddy that missed two years of her life by serving his country. But we are so proud of this little girl. I couldn't have asked for a better little girl to help me learn to be a mommy.

Happy 9th Birthday Alexandra Noelle!




















No comments: