Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Mommy Brain

If you have kids, you know what I am talking about. If not, it means I forget things a whole lot easier now that I am a mom. Something about losing brain cells with every pregnancy. I must say, I agree.

I used to have an excellent memory. I could remember birthdays and phone numbers and addresses. Now I have to check my address book and have even considered buying a birthday book to record all of them. The condition is so bad that it makes me mix up my own kids' names or draw a blank all together.

The kids don't seem to pay much attention when you have to go through the whole list of names and sometimes even the pets' names before realizing who you are actually yelling at, er, I mean talking to. It really frustrates me when we are at playgroup and I can remember every other kid's name but my own. How embarrassing is that?

The point of starting this actually was because just yesterday I was thinking of things I would blog about. My kids were bugging me while I was in the shower while I was thinking of things. While I was driving I had tons of ideas but then my kids started screaming.

I woke up this morning, opened up my blog and poof! All my ideas were gone. I suppose I could tell you my birth story; that got a lot of laughs. I'm sure things will pop into my head randomly throughout the day as well. Guess I better stop trying to make mental notes and pull that pen out of my hair that keeps it up. I can then take actual notes... on my hand.

No comments: