Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Where do they learn these things from?

Wadie, my almost 3 year old, has been potty trained for a couple of months now. I was very surprised when she went from wearing diapers one day to "undiewears" the next day. She is very good about getting into the bathroom when she needs to go and she can even wipe herself.

Lately though, she has been yelling "I gotta go to da baffroom" or similar rantings. It doesn't matter where we are or who is around; she will just randomly shout out "HAFTA GO PEEEEEEEEE!" I have been telling her, as nice as possible after hearing it six thousand times in one day, that she does not need to announce it to the world, just get in the bathroom.

I have been racking my brain trying to figure out why she is all of a sudden announcing when she has to go potty. I could not for the life of me figure it out until the other night.

I was standing in the kitchen running the water to make Mac (my 9mth old) a bottle. I suddenly had the urge to pee and could not move. (Anyone that has had multiple children know what childbirth does to your muscles down there. If you dont know, it makes them weak and when you gotta go, YOU GOTTA GO!). I kept began mixing the formula in the bottle and the urge only got stronger. Being the silly mom that I am, I shouted "I HAVE TO PEEEEEEE!"

It was like a slap in the face. I think I may have actually said "DOH!" in a Homer voice. I couldn't believe I was being such a hypocrit. So the next time I wonder where my kids learn something from I should probably just step back and take a look in the mirror. Who would have thought the kids would learn things from me that I never intended on teaching them? DOH!

No comments: