Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Change

If you happened to notice something different about my blog then you have been very observant. Ok, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the colors have changed... but did you notice the title!!!! I just wasn't feeling the old title. This one seems to suit me well and Im going with it.

For the last 4 months we have been expecting daddy to be home the beginning of January. Looks like the Army decided they had other plans. J won't be home for another month now. I was pissed when I found out. I was ready to get on the phone to his commander and demand those assholes let my husband come home before the pricks that just put in their leave requests a month ago.

I wasn't worried so much about myself. I've dealt with this, I know how things can change last minute with the Army. After all, if the Army wanted you to have a wife they would have issued you one. But try explaining to a 6 year old that daddy is going to once again miss her birthday. Try explaining that he has to work later than we expected and that all the plans we already made have to be switched around. She literally cried when I told her.

I also cried... while I was putting some Christmas presents in my closet thinking about how much more time I have to do this alone. How much longer I have to tell my children that daddy will be home soon but soon never seems to come.

Don't get me wrong, there is so much that is great about this life but these heartaches make it so damn hard to get through each day with a positive attitude. I always have to look to my kids to see the good that can come from situations.

L: "But I don't want to dad to miss my birthday."
Me : "I know, I don't want him to miss mine either."
JC: "Well, he already missed MY birthday!"
So very, very true...

I was upset about finding out that we would have to wait longer for J to be home with us. L was still bummed but quickly bounced back as she said, "well, we do have longer to get the house cleaned now!"
Again, so very, very true...

What would I do without these amazing kids of mine? I know I complain alot about them but I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world. We have our good days and we have our bad days, but such is my life!

No comments: