Thursday, December 20, 2007

The Things Kids Say

I know I posted a couple in my last blog but here I sit at 7am and my almost 7 year old makes me laugh.

L is cleaning her room this morning and she comes out to ask me a question...
"Mom, where's Jacob?"
"He's in my bed, why?"
"I need his help. He's an under bed person."

Ok, so it doesn't seem quite as funny as I type it out but you have to know that JC is the only one that ever cleans out underneath the beds. He will go all the way under to get the lego in the far corner and he won't miss a thing. L just isn't an under the bed person. Like me, it freaks her out LoL


I'm not sure I shared this sweet little comment made by my 3yr old, if I did, I apologize.

About a month or so ago the kids had upset me terribly right before bed. K sleeps with me so we went to bed and I buried my head in my pillow. I began to cry, uncontrollably. I was trying to be quiet but K still heard.

She says, "Don't cry mom. Moms don't cry, only kids cry."


Speaking of crying... I'm not sure what brought this on, but yesterday JC told me that I don't cry.

Me "I do cry, just not in front of you."
JC "Nuh-uh! You fake cry but you don't really cry because you don't have tears."
Me "Yes I do. I just cried the other day."
JC "Nuh-uh! You don't cry, you just fake cry."

This led to an argument between the girls and JC about me crying. I'm still not sure he believes it.


The kids are supposed to be getting dressed for school.

I tell them, "You aren't following directions."
To which L replies, "Maybe it went in one ear and out the other."

J also thought his GameBoy needed cleaning. He walked off with his GameBoy in hand and I hear the water running in the bathroom. I just knew what he was doing.

"J!! NO!!!"
Almost in tears from me yelling, "But why? It's dirty!"

No comments: