Wednesday, November 25, 2009

What's for Dinner Wednesday

Something simple, that is for sure!

Last night I made steak on the grill (luckily the rain let up), baked potatoes and garlic baked broccoli. It all turned out yummy but not as GREAT as it usually does.

John turned the grill on for me and I put the steaks on without turning down the heat. I came back in the house to tend to the potatoes and broccoli thinking it would take forever for the steaks anyway. So I get the potatoes all poked, oiled and salted... put them in the microwave, then cut up the broccoli, tossed in olive oil and garlic salt and put those in the oven.

After getting that done I went out to check the steaks and to my surprise the grill temp was up to 700 degrees!!! I opened it up and flames were surrounding my steaks. I flipped three of them to see the bottoms completely charred... the 4th one was a little tougher as it had actually caught on fire LoL I got that one flipped and took it in to check the inside... it looked perfect on the inside. What is that they say about not judging a book by it's cover?! Yah, it still tasted good.

I turned the grill off and brought in the remaining steaks. Only one of them was cooked enough though so I pulled the potatoes out of the microwave and threw the steaks in for a couple minutes. I do not recommend this cause it makes the steak pretty tough and pulls a lot of juice out of it. It was still good but better with A1 :)

The good part about all this was that dinner was done fairly quickly. John and Jacob got to eat before leaving for Scouts and no one complained. Gotta love that.

And then tomorrow will be our Thanksgiving Dinner so today... yah... definitely simple. I am thinking something along the lines of Kraft Mac n Cheese and hot dogs (if we have any left). Or we could do spaghetti with garlic toast. We will see. And maybe I will come back and let you know :)

No comments: