Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Movie Review Monday - A Day Late

I had wanted to revive Movie Review Monday but in all honesty, we haven't been watching that many movies. We are still trying to get caught up on our Tivo'd shows from over Christmas when we spent 3 weeks in Ohio away from all our shows. I did manage to catch up on 4 weeks of Days of Our Lives rather quickly, though ;)

Anyway, I was finally able to take the time to watch Away & Back. It's a Hallmark movie written by a friend (and her husband) that I met on a BabyCenter message board back in 2005. She is a great woman and an amazing writer. The Dyer team really has a broad range when it comes to writing and I cannot wait to see what they come up with in the future. Check out the movie Hysteria at some point, that was also written by the dynamic duo. Jonah Lisa, you really are amazing!

Now for my review!

I watched it in the middle of the day while the kids were at school because I was all caught up on the shows I could watch without my husband. The movie is rated PG and a family movie. It is about a family of swans that make their home near a family business. When an ornithologist comes to rescue the birds there is a bit of drama between her and the widowed father. The movie progresses nicely and leaves you feeling good about the world. The actors chosen were fantastic in their roles. It felt very real and normal, unlike a lot of feel good movies where everyone seems too nice or too perfect. Great movie all around.

My kids ended up watching it Friday night when my oldest was babysitting and my youngest liked it so much she wanted to watch it again on Saturday. So, it has the Sara Bear seal of approval! If you like movies like Free Willy, Dolphin Tale, or anything animal related, this is a good pick.

It should be playing again on the Hallmark Channel again so set your DVR, TiVo, or VCR so you can watch it on your own time without commercial interruptions. Or pop a squat when it comes on, pop some popcorn, and enjoy this new family favorite with your kids.


1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I should ask my Mawmaw about it - she loves her some Hallmark movies! Glad your getting caught up on all your trashy soaps lol.