Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Another Day, Another Tear

This story is a continuation of the 9yrs ago story from yesterday...

I was awaken by a phone call from my sister that said my grandma had passed away. She was gone. She always hated tax day.

I had to be at the hospital for my induction at 10am. Something I was not looking forward to. The days events are blurry to me. For one thing, I was in shock. For another, I was so doped up on morphine that I don't remember much.

I do remember that my mom came to see me. She stayed for a while but not as long as my future mother in law did. My fiance and her stayed all night. He laid in the bed with me while I labored. I didn't feel anything or at least I've blocked all that out of my memory. His mom would stand next to me and hold my hand, running her hand over my head, pushing my hair back and just making me feel so loved. It is my favorite memory from those horrible days.

I labored all day and all night. With just my fiance and his mom. In a dark hospital room that would never light up with the birth of a baby. There would be no first cry, no first breath or first bath. She would never see my face but I'm sure she will always know my love.

No comments: