Wednesday, February 11, 2009

What's For Dinner Wednesday

Tonight is a pot roast via the crock pot. I love throwing my roast in the crock first thing in the morning with some carrots and redskin potatoes. I didn't have the usual ingredients so I closely followed a recipe by a fellow blogger and mommy I met on BabyCenter way back when. Jonah Lisa is one of the most talented people out there... she can cook, she can sew, she can blog, she can pee outside if she has to (I don't know, I just get this image of her 9 mths pregnant, hiking into the woods to get a Christmas tree when the urge to pee hits her). Check out her blog, The Toby Show. And try out this recipe (after I let you know how it turns out).
2 1/2 lb chuck roast
1 bag of mini carrots
5 red potatoes cut in half
1 cup hot water
1 chicken bouillon cube
seasoned salt
pepper
paprika
Put carrots and potato halves in the bottom of the crockpot. Rub salt, pepper and paprika over all sides of the roast and place on top of the veggies. Add water and bouillon cube. (The water plus the cube makes chicken broth. Beef broth was suggested by Jonah Lisa but I had to make due with what I had). Cook on low for 8-9 hours. If you are in a hurry you can turn it up to high and cook for about 4 hours. Get it in by noon and you should be good to go for a 6 oclock dinner.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

im coming for dinner haha :)