Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Thrive Day 5

Yesterday was day 5 of the Thrive experience.

I started my day with two Thrive capsules when I woke up. I followed that up with half of the Thrive Premium Lifestyle mix. I then removed my DFT patch but did not apply a new one. I was told there were people that didn't do that patches so I opted to go without it for the day.

I spent the remainder of the day in a foul mood. The kids were getting on my nerves, the house was a mess, and I just felt completely overwhelmed with everything, much like the previous day.

My diet for the day was low on calories again. I mixed my Thrive powder with iced coffee, which I have heard is counterproductive due to the synthetic caffeine in coffee. Frankly, I don't buy that. Nothing I drink at home specifically lists caffeine as an ingredient... if it did, that would indicate it is a synthetic caffeine but since it does not, I can only assume that any caffeine in my coffee is naturally occuring. I would also give up Thrive before I would give up coffee, if I am being honest.

Breakfast was my coffee and Thrive mix and a Triple Venti Skinny Caramel Macchiato. Not the best breakfast but after spending the morning cleaning, I just didn't take the time to stop and eat. I wasn't even really hungry which is a side effect of the Thrive. For lunch I had some salami slices, provolone cheese, a few Ritz crackers, and 3oz of baby carrots. Again, I wasn't very hungry and cleaning kept me busy. I then had a rather large snack. I made myself a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios. It was the only thing that really sounded good. I also had a malasada (a portuguese donut) in the afternoon. It was the first sugary thing I had eaten in a week and I really only ate it because my friend brought them over for the kids LOL I finally ate dinner around 730pm. I had a spinach salad with leftover chicken and some red wine vinaigrette dressing.

I didn't do any exercising again yesterday. Oddly, exercising doesn't lower my stress level like it does for so many other people. I was just too stressed, and feeling too down to get up and do anything other than the cleaning I did. I am sure all the cleaning burned some calories but I didn't log it on MyFitnessPal, but probably could have.

Last night was the first night I didn't sleep well since beginning the Thrive experience. I mean, I slept okay but I do remember dreaming all night. Weird dreams, as usual, and I remember being worried in one part. John says he tossed and turned all night and forgot to change his alarm to 5 instead of 4 but it didn't seem to bother me any.

So far today I am feeling kinda blah still. My head kind of feels fuzzy and I didn't want to get out of bed this morning. I did get up, though, and took my pills, drank my Thrive shake, put on a DFT patch, and did some more cleaning. I still haven't eaten but I'm just not that hungry. I know I need to eat something so I suppose I better figure that out pretty quick before brunch turns into lunch turning into snack turning into dinner and then I realize I haven't eaten today and that's no good.

Conclusion: Stick to the 3 step process. Give it a chance to work. Don't forget to eat. Get some exercise if you are going to eat a donut while dieting!

No comments: