Monday, April 27, 2009

Movie Review Monday - What have I watched?

I am sitting here racking my brain trying to figure out what I have watched lately and sadly... not much. I have listened here and there to Dora and Wall-E and Barbie in Swan Lake but I don't think I have sat and watched movies.

I finished Bones Season 1 and Season 2. John finished Lost Seasons 1, 2 and 3. I then took it upon myself to order the next in both series so we could continue to watch. However, John says I am not allowed to watch season 3 of Bones because he hasn't seen it yet... hmmph.

There is one movie I have watched that I don't think I have reviewed...

The Perfect Storm: Based on a true story of a determined fisherman (George Clooney) and his crew that set out into the Atlantic Ocean only to run smack dab into the middle of two hurricanes that are colliding. I have had the movie on VHS for years now and had yet to watch it, so I pulled it out one night and put it in the DVD/VCR combo. Jacob sat and watched with me, getting scared with the intensity of the storm (he doesn't like rain/thunder/lightning). It was a great movie... very moving and even though you know the outcome, you still cross your fingers and hope with all your might that things turn out alright in the end. I realized that we lived in Massachusetts during that time so I was directly involved with that storm. We were significantly inland but I do remember really high winds and sitting in our basement riding out the hurricane. If you like a good "disaster" movie, then this is a good one to watch... even though it really happened, it doesn't make it one of those movies that you just can't watch (like Amityville Horror... did you know that is a true story?! Could you imagine if Child's Play was a true story? OMG I would die and never allow a doll in this house. World Trade Center is one of those that I can watch and still hope for a happy ending but I know there are a lot of people that couldn't.) Ok, so I digress... check it out if you haven't seen it yet. :)

No comments: