Thursday, April 30, 2009

Potty Training Boot Camp: Day One, Hour Two

Out of the blue today I decided I was going to start potty training Sara. Every time I take her diaper off she says she has to go potty so she seems interested. I had heard of someone doing a 3 day potty training program and went on a search for it. I found one, posted on a message board and I am in the first 2 hours of day one.

So far we have had 3 accidents. Not too bad for day one of potty training, in my opinion. They haven't been full blown accidents either. Just little dribbles after she realizes she has to go. I have already learned that she knows when she has to go. She has already told me 23 times!!! And just so you know, 23 times in 90 minutes is INSANE!!! I swear she would tell me every 30 seconds that she had to go. I was getting really frustrated, I am not a patient person, with running to the bathroom all those times so I moved the potty chair next to the couch. After that she told me 3 more times that she had to go and after dribbling in her panties for the 3rd time, she finally sat long enough to let it out ON the potty!!!

Adam, Kadie and I went CRAZY! We even called Daddy to tell him (Sara left him a message). We high fived, we hugged, we smiled, we cheered, we celebrated with a pink bunny peep! I was a super proud mommy (still am)! For a kid that would NOT pee at ALL on the potty, I was shocked that she did within an hour and a half. She really does not like the feeling of having to pee and knowing it will run down her leg if she doesn't get to the potty.

The method says to stick with undies, lots of drinks and lots of "do you have to go potty?" I haven't had to ask her since she keeps telling me, and she always wants a drink so that is easy. If you are committed to potty training and can keep it consistent then give it a try. No more diapers and three days of mommy & baby time... who can resist?!

Now let's just hope that this actually works and we can be diaper free by the time Daddy gets home on Saturday!

1 comment:

C. Beth said...

Woo hoo! Good for you, and Sara!! That is awesome.