Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Bunny Mayhem

First and foremost, Happy Easter to all my loyal readers. Thank you for using my blog as a source of entertainment when you just need to laugh at another person's expense. I am glad I can be here for you.

Secondly, that damn Easter Bunny is on my shit list. Why, oh why, is mass amounts of chocolate and plastic grass a must every Easter? Next year I'm setting up a trap to catch that giant rabbit before he leaves anymore crap for my kids to drive me nuts with.

This year I threw something from me into the mix. Lexi and Adam needed scooters so Easter was my excuse to buy them for them. Lexi was ecstatic. She ran up to me and threw her arms around my neck and gave me a big wet kiss on my cheek. That was the only Easter gift I needed. It's been a long time since I've been thanked by my kids like that. Adam liked his too but was more interested in the chocolate. As was Sara more than her foam bowling set I bought her. Kadie and Jacob got hopper balls which need a foot pump to inflate so they will have to wait to use those til later when I venture out to the store again.

As for the crap the Bunny brought... The kids each received a different colored bucket with their names on them. Inside was a giant candy filled egg, a carrot shaped bag of Reese's pieces (how clever of that rabbit), two plastic straws with bunnies on them, an Easter themed washcloth and two handfuls of chocolate. He also hid 20 eggs in the den filled with Hershey Kisses and M&Ms. What the heck was that giant rodent thinking??? My kids are going to be eating chocolate for breakfast, lunch and dinner because I won't be able to get them to eat anything else.

Ahhh, the joys of keeping the magic alive in their hearts is equivalent to rotting their teeth, upsetting their stomachs and driving moms crazy all in a matter of minutes.

So you can get a feel for the true mayhem of this morning... here are before and after shots.


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books

No comments: