Saturday, March 29, 2008

Rough Night

I didn't go to bed until midnight last night because I was up watching a movie and talking to Christina. Going to bed late always comes back to bite me in the ass. Last night it was a combination of kids, dogs and my husband. Ugh.

It all started with Kadie. She had gone to bed sometime after the first movie ended and I heard her crying. I told her to come out here and she did. She was really crying with lots of tears and she was drooling too. I thought she might be having some kind of episode or a bad dream and wasn't really awake. Usually when she gets up crying it's one of two things; she has to pee or she is having a bad dream and can't wake up. I asked her if she had to pee but she shook her head no. Not 10 seconds later, I knew she was lying. My leg was soaked! I'd been peed on by a 3 yr old that had been potty trained and night trained (on her own) almost a year ago. Yuck. I told her to get in the bathroom and change her clothes but I still think she wasn't quite awake because I found her asleep on the bedroom floor with her butt in the air just a couple minutes later.

Earlier in the day Scott's roommate brought Jack back because they can't keep him right now. Scott wants him back in June so I'm just doggy sitting until then. OMG that dog did nothing but whine the whole time he was in the caged area. Buckeye was just laying there trying to go to sleep, like he does every night but Jack just whined to get out. Then in the middle of the night, about 2am I hear a weird noise so I check on the dogs. I don't see what they were doing so I go back to bed and I hear it again. I sneak over this time hoping to catch them in the act. I did this time... it was Jack, of course. He was chewing on the cool cot (our dog house). Buckeye was laying in it trying to sleep and here is Jack chewing away on the velcro part, ugh. So I got up and put them outside. It wasn't cold or anything so no worries about that. I came back in to check my email and to see if John happened to be on, but he wasn't. Then I headed back to bed.

By 530 I was woken up again but this time by another crying kid. I put on my glasses and went to get up but I didn't hear him anymore so I thought I could just go back to sleep. I took off my glasses and I realized that Adam would probably start crying again as soon as my head hit the pillow. Right on cue, Adam started crying just as I lied back down and closed my eyes. I got my glasses and got back up. Adam usually only has two reasons for waking up in the middle of the night as well... one being he is scared of something, maybe a bad dream or a noise woke him up. And the other is he took off his diaper and has since peed in his bed. Yah, it was the latter. I took him out of bed, put a new diaper and new shorts on him and tried laying him down in the extra pack n play so I could go back to sleep. He was NOT having any of that. Surprisingly he didn't immediately climb out so I thought I could put the pack n play in front of the tv and he would go back to sleep. Ummm no, he just climbed right out. I got him to lay on the floor with his sippy cup and blanket and I closed the door.

I got back on the computer to see if John had been on at all. I'm assuming they are on blackout and I'm sure he is fine and will email or get back online when he gets a chance, but still I worry. So that kept me up and I wanted to make sure I wouldn't be hearing anymore from the kids or the dogs. Ha! As if THAT would happen.

Adam began crying again shortly after 6. He couldn't get out of the room for some reason so I had to go let him out. I picked him up and we both curled up in the recliner. Thank goodness he fell asleep and I did too, I was exhausted. Not too long later I woke up with a wet side. Oh no... the sippy cup he had to hold slipped out of his hand and turned upside down on my right side (Kadie peed on my left side in case you were wondering LoL). I got up to feed the dogs and when I came back Adam didn't want to go back to sleep so I got a Dora Marathon video I taped years ago for my older kids and put that in. That made him happy and got a little more sleep.

The other kids were up shortly there after and here it is 10am and Dora is going into hour 3. The kids are still satisfied... Sara is still content in bed... and I am still curled up in the recliner with a blanket I had Jacob get me because I was freezing. Couldn't possibly have anything to do with my wet shirt, you think?

No comments: