Tuesday, March 18, 2008

My Sister is Gonna Kick Ass

I dont know who all reads this. I know some friends do and my mother in law... but not sure if anyone in my family really reads it. I think it might do them some good to see what I have to say about my sister, so I hope they do catch this.

I have never been one to be loving with my sister. We are 2 1/2 yrs apart and we have fought on more occassions than I even care to remember. From hair pulling and chair kicking to fists flying and nails scratching. There may even have been a shoe or two thrown, who knows. We werent even that much alike. There were times Id swear we werent full blood.

She was always a tomb boy. Still is pretty much but she has grown up some. She played with the boys, played rough and could kick my ass (only by laying on the couch and using her feet though and if I didn't let her then what kind of big sister am I). I was always the girly girl. I had tons of boyfriends and was into makeup and all that earlier than she was. I was also the oldest child... had the most independence and she was stuck as the middle child. She is a classic one, at that.

Anyways, the point of this blog is because my sister is 24 now. She is growing up. She finally has some friends that she can hang out with that arent just there because she plays softball with them or that coach her. She had a great job that she busted her ass at but they kicked her to the curb without so much as a warning. Blindsided by a two faced bitch. I could slap her silly for making a tough girl cry. She still really hasnt had a relationship but she has had her encounters with, let's call them, boys. Having fun... being young, she doesn't have the responsibilities that I do so she has that freedom to do those things.

On the other hand... she has been handed everything for so long that she doesnt know how to go get for herself. I blame my mom, my dad, my stepmom, her former softball coach, my mom's cousin, my aunt, maybe myself too... just a little though. Most of these people have given to her a place to live, a job, a car. But did they do it to help her... or did they do it to help themselves? Let's see... for the most part they did it to help themselves. They all wanted something in return. I did at one point too. I may have taken advantage just like all these other people but I think I help my sister way more than anyone else. Ive given her a place to stay, a phone to keep in contact with everyone, money for bills or just things she wants, Ive taken her to dinner because I wanted her to go with me. We are practically best friends and friends dont use each other. Family isnt supposed to use each other either yet it happens all the time in this one.

Ive just got one last thing to say... the time is coming when my sister realizes that she is growing up. She is in her mid 20's and she wont be young forever. She knows now that she is being and has been taken advantage of for too long now. She is strong enough to stand on her own two feet if she just gives it a chance. She is having too much fun right now to see too far ahead of her but I promise it's not going to take long. She will find the right direction to head in and when she does everyone better watch out. She isnt going to take your crap anymore. She is going to stand up for herself and what she believes in. She is going to find the person that she wants to be and she is gonna be it. April is gonna kick ass!

No comments: