Monday, March 10, 2008

Here Comes the Bride (again)

John and I have always talked about renewing our vows one day. We were married on May 10th 2002 when our oldest was a year and a half old. We started dating on February 29th 2000. We were originally supposed to be married February 28th 2003 but pushed up the wedding for many reasons. Looking back, I think we should have just stuck with it.

Our plan was to renew our vows when we had been together for 20 years. For some time now I have been thinking about leap year in 2020. What colors would we use? Where would we renew our vows? Will I have attendants and who would they be? Who will actually come?

John and I had a pretty rough time recently but we made it through together. We both feel we are stronger than ever and can not wait to renew our vows. John would have preferred to renew them every leap year but I thought that would be a bit excessive. It would seem that every time we turned around we would be renewing our vows. Not that that is a bad thing but it's not something we could afford and I'm sure everyone else would think it was tacky.

We came to a mutual decision to renew our vows after having been together for 10 years. On February 28th 2010 we plan on celebrating our marriage with our friends and family. I originally had wanted to renew our vows in a warmer climate since it will be the dead of winter in Ohio but since the 28th is a Sunday we think somewhere around Toledo would be best for everyone. It's not really the location that matters anyway. Anywhere would be perfect so long as it's with John and our families.

I have already started planning for our renewal ceremony. I've been researching locations and thinking about color schemes and dresses. I loved my real wedding but I want to relish in the planning of one. I was six months pregnant the first time and I rushed through the planning in just 2 short months. I now have two years to plan. I'm also not looking to have a traditional wedding. I'm considering wearing a black dress even with a white or ivory sash, what do you think? I know what my family would say... but that could make up it's own post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to say that it would depend on the style of the black dress - at least for me. I also would have to veto the sash - thats so prom-y. JMO! Either way just make it fun and I'm sure that it will turn out perfect!!