Monday, May 11, 2009

Movie Review Monday - Bridget Jones

While at Best Buy the other day I bought a 4 pack of movies for $20. It included Love Actually, Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason, Notting Hill and About a Boy. All romantic comedies with Hugh Grant... coincidence? Probably not. Anyway, since I had never seen Bridget Jones' Diary I figured I better pick that up so I could see that before watching the second one. I have to admit though, after watching Bridget Jones, I am not looking forward to seeing the second installation.

Bridget Jones' Diary: Renee Zellweger plays a 30-something, single woman working in publishing and eating her troubles away. Her mom tries setting her up with a man at a Christmas party and she begins fantasizing about her boss. One thing leads to another with the boss and her life all of a sudden becomes complicated when she learns that the man from the Christmas party likes her and the two men have a sordid past. What this movie lacks in the humor department, it makes up for with typical love triangle problems. Both are jerks, both want her, both are involved with other women yet they are fighting for her. I had to continuously go back to see what I missed because the movie just did not hold my attention. If you are bored and have nothing better to do than to watch this movie... give it a shot. You may find it more interesting than I did. On a 5 star scale, this movie gets a 2 from me.

No comments: