Saturday, May 2, 2009

Potty Training Bootcamp: Day 3, It's Over

Today was a big success, I think. Other than putting her to bed with a diaper and two accidents, I think today went just about perfectly.

Today's Totals
Wet the bed this morning
25+ trips to the potty
1 mess (in her defense, there was some potty drama that had us all flustered and she just couldn't hold it)
1 daily poop
AND
12 pees! (some of which ended up on the floor because she tries to watch LoL but all is good)

I am so proud of the progress we have made over these last three days. I did put her to bed in a pullup because I just do not want to change wet sheets again in the morning in case I don't get to her in time. All my other kids wore pullups and some still do, so I am not worried about night time training. Only having to buy 1 pack of pullups a month compared to 2+ boxes of diapers is fantastic.

Tomorrow will be the true test of our hardwork. We are off to a baseball game and thanks to the advice of a friend we will try her in undies and bring a change of clothes. If she is asking to go potty too much or has an accident we will resort to a pullup for the remainder of the game. It won't be the end of the world and I don't think she will revert either. Now I just wish her bladder wasn't the size of a peanut because 13 bathroom visits for her, plus my own, is a little exhausting LoL

No comments: