Friday, May 1, 2009

Potty Training Bootcamp: Day 2, Exhausting

Today was nowhere near as exciting as yesterday was. I have had cranky kids and I am super tired. Trying to get Sara to drink when I want her to and not drink when I don't want her to has been extra challenging today. She didn't want anything all day when I offered but then wanted to drink EVERYTHING after 6pm. Sorry Charlie, too late for that.

She did wet the bed during nap today but I fully expected that. She had just had a juice box, remember. It didn't bother me to have to change the sheets. What bothered me was that I woke her up so we could go get some lunch and the girl threw an all out temper tantrum because I helped her off my bed. That sealed that deal... no going out for us.

The totals for today are not nearly as impressive as yesterday's totals but I am proud of her. Only three accidents, one being while she was sleeping so she couldn't help that one. The first one, I talked about earlier... with her peeing outside... and the last one, well I'll take the blame. She was supposed to be watching Dora in the den but instead she was sneaking drinks in the kitchen. I wasn't on top of her like I should have been so she peed all over the floor. And with only about 20 potty breaks today, I think the novelty is wearing off. Not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing.

I finally put her in bed at 730 and she was fine until 830. She started crying and I assumed she had an accident... but she didn't. She just wasn't ready for bed so I let her get up. She went on the potty one more time for a total of 3 pees and 1 poop today. Hopefully that will keep her from wetting the bed tonight. And now here it is another hour later and she is back in bed but NOT happy. I guess the nap was bad on more than one account (wet sheets and now she won't go to sleep).

She can tell when she has to go and I can tell by the tone in her voice if it is imminent or if she has to poop... there is a definite hint of fear. She also went in the bathroom on my coaxing and went on her potty all by herself. I was not there to supervise and she pulled her undies down and back up on her own! She came running out to tell me and I went in to check and sure enough, she went. So here's to day THREE!!! Keeping my fingers crossed!

No comments: