Thursday, May 15, 2008

Do I Have a Fever?

And no, I don't mean baby fever... I'm talking about the cleaning bug. I think Ive been infected.

Two mornings ago I was awakened by a rustling sound. A sound I have grown quite adept in recognizing within the last two and a half years of living in the deep south. It's the sound of a bug (a water bug or palmetto bug or roach, depending on what you prefer to call it) and it can wake me from a dead sleep. I jump out of bed, grab my glasses and turn on the light in search of the vile creature. I moved some papers around that were on my dresser and the little bugger emerged from underneath. I used a self defense technique called "squishing" to attack the bug that had invaded my home. They creep me out when I see them near my bed. So needless to say, I could not get back to sleep.

At 430am I decided that I would clean my room. By the time I finished it was almost time to get the kids up for school. Since I couldn't go back to sleep I decided to do my Yoga Booty Ballet workout instead.

Now this morning I was awakened again. This time by not such a vile creature... just a sweet, loving, wanted-to-say-I-love-you-at-330-in-the-morning deployed soldier. I jumped out of bed hearing the music of my messenger alert. I talked to him for a few minutes and was supposed to go back to sleep. If you can't tell, I never went back to sleep.

Since I had no desire to go back to bed I decided I would clean the living room. I even mopped in here and in the hallway. I'm telling you, something is seriously wrong with me. I've never felt so sick, yet so productive this early in the morning. I'm not quite sure if I am happy with this new cleaning ailment I'm experiencing or if I'm peeved.

Here are the pros and cons...

Pros: the house gets cleaned, the kids are still sleeping, I get a little "me" time even if it is just to clean

Cons: I'm not getting that much sleep, if this cleaning thing lasts I'm going to be spending all my time doing that and nothing else, the kids are just going to mess it up when they wake up

See my dilemma?! Oh well, you take the good with the bad right?

No comments: