Monday, December 22, 2008

Movie Review Monday

This last week I watched two new/fairly new released movies, Iron Man & Dark Knight. Both very good movies. Jacob is getting Iron Man for Christmas and I am sure I will (or John will one day out of the blue) buy The Dark Knight.

Iron Man: The head of a weapon's manufacturer is taken hostage after a demo of his latest weapons in Afghanistan. To escape he uses his weapon building skills to create a metal suit that would help him defeat his enemies. He is finally found and brought home only to go on a personal mission of helping with his skills rather than allowing his weapons into the wrong hands. Action packed, great story line... a must for any superhero fan, young or old. 4 1/2 out of 5 stars because I must say I did not LOVE the entire story.

The Dark Knight: Great movie... great story... great acting. Heath Ledger was phenomenal as the Joker. He did an excellent job and deserves an Oscar for his performance. The movie takes place before Harvey Dent became "Two Face" and is dating Rachael, Bruce Wayne's ex-girlfriend. In an attempt to take down the mob and the Joker, Harvey and many other Gotham officials find their lives on the line. Can Batman save everyone before it is too late? A must see and I am not a HUGE Batman fan, so I give this a 4 1/2 out of 5 stars as well.

No comments: