Thursday, January 24, 2008

Friends in Low Places

You always seem to take your friends for granted when you are feeling great. You know they are there for you but never fully believe it until you actually need them. You can say how much you love them and how great of a friend they are but you can never truly now until you have hit rock bottom.

I have hit rock bottom. These last two days have been the worst of my life (or at least they rank up there really high). I have been an emotional mess. My head is reeling with a million different emotions all balled into one. I am angry, hurt, regretful, depressed, scared, anxious, impatient and ashamed.

I don't know how I got to this point. I don't even want to think about why. I just know that I am here and that I have learned what it really means to have people who are there for you. People who care for you unconditionally.

I have the most amazing friends. Friends I could tell my deepest, darkest secrets to and they would listen and not judge. They would make me feel better even if they think I'm the worst person in the world. Telling me their own problems that they have overcome to make me feel not so low. Hugging me, crying with me... just being there when needed.

It is so amazing to have such true friends. I know somewhere inside they are in shock over the scene that has unfolded in the last couple of days but no matter they are still willing to look me in the eye and tell me that it will all be alright.

Having friends even at my lowest makes me feel like I can get through this. I can survive and we will overcome. We will do this together.

No comments: