Sunday, January 20, 2008

Namaste'

I started Yoga Booty Ballet today. I'm not really a yoga person but these are actually fun.

I was supposed to begin with the introduction and then move on to basics. However, since the mystery disappearance of the infamous dvd player remote I had to move on to more advanced routines.

I decided to try the Hip Hop Abs DVD. My sister was laughing at me sitting in an easy pose (or whatever the hell it's called). She even took pictures of me while my eyes were closed and at one point farted in my face. You see what I have to deal with... no wonder people never exercise. I pushed her out of the way and went about my workout.

At first, I was really embarrassed. I would have been embarrassed even if I was the only one in the room. And I'm not sure I could have brought myself to do it if my husband was here. Yes, I'm a wierdo. It took atleast half the workout for me to really get the hang of it but once I did, I decided I LOVED it!

I felt silly doing some of the moves because, let's face it, I'm not a dancer by any stretch of the imagination. I don't really have the coordination for that. I did have a great time doing it though. I plan to do the Hip Hop Abs every other day. On the opposite day I will do the Cardio Caberet DVD. I thought I could try it out after the Hip Hop Abs but I was too tired.

I can see myself having a lot of fun with both of them and I can't wait to see the results!

No comments: