Sunday, January 20, 2008

Sweet Remembrance

The phone rings. She was expecting his call.

"Hello?"

"Hi"

"Hey you! What's up?"

"I need you to do me a favor."

Wondering what she could possibly do for a guy that lives a thousand miles away... "Umm. OK."

"Close your eyes."

"Ok."

"Are they closed?"

"Yes!"

"I don't believe you."

How could he not believe her, she has never lied to him before... "Yes! I wouldn't lie to you. I'm lying here in bed... my eyes are closed!"

"Ok. Imagine you are in a time machine." He mimics eerie music, something straight from the twilight zone. "It is now yesterday."

She has a big smile on her face. Loves playing along with his little game, yet has no idea what is going on. "Ok."

"You get back in your time machine." He mimics more music. "Now imagine it is six days ago. You are sitting there and your phone rings." {ring ring} You answer and I say, 'Happy Birthday.'"

Trying not to fall off the bed from laughter... "Oh my god, you are such a dork! But that was the sweetest thing ever! Thank you!"

No comments: