Tuesday, January 15, 2008

One of Those Days

I went to bed feeling pretty crappy. My stomach has been churning, I've been burping up what tastes like sour milk, and farting like a man that just ate a whole batch of deviled eggs. You think that's gross? How do you think I feel? I'm the one who has to feel the pain, taste the rancid burps and smell the most horrible smells. You should also feel bad for my sister and kids, cause they have to smell it too. Oops.

Pepto didn't help my upset stomach and Rolaids didn't help the acid I was burping up. The gas went away pretty quickly though, thank goodness! My appetite has been gone and now my head is pounding. I have no idea what is going on with me these last couple of days.

On top of feeling like crap... my kids have been acting like crap. They have been louder than usual. They have been fighting constantly. And if I have to tell them to get in bed one more time my head just might explode.

Why is it that they feel they need to be worse when Mom isn't feeling well? It's like there is some unwritten childhood rule that says, "All children are to behave atleast 75% worse when Mom is already having a bad day. A bad day includes, but is not limited to, the following: she did not get enough sleep the night before, she is feeling sick, she just had a new baby, she ran her head into the wall after finding daddy would be deployed for 15mths and leaving her with 5 kids, etc, etc, etc. Any child that does not behave worse on Mom's bad day will be forcefully fed liver and onions with a side of brussel sprouts."

No comments: