Thursday, July 17, 2008

Julie's Chicken

You know, I have no idea who Julie is but her chicken rocked last night. The combination is not something that would make most people would go... "Ooh" more like "Ewww" but I promise it is tasty. Most of my kids liked it... if you know my kids, I'm sure you can guess who DIDN'T like it.

Ive been trying lots of new recipes and modifying some old ones (like Mexican Meatloaf) so I will be posting them from time to time. Well, since the chicken is fresh in my mind, we will go with that one.

Ingredients
4-6 boneless skinless chicken breast
1 cup russian dressing
1 cup apricot preserves
1 package onion soup mix

Directions
Preheat oven to 425
Place 4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts in a baking dish
Combine russian dressing (I hear Wishbone is much better, I used Kroger brand), apricot preserves and onion soup mix (I used beef onion soup mix cause that's what I had in the cupboard) in a mixing bowl, stir well
Pour mixture over chicken and bake for 40min

We served it with mashed potatoes, corn, and spaghetti (it was leftovers LoL). I hear it is good served over rice or noodles. It has a nice sweet flavor, comparable to bbq chicken. Try it, you might like it.

No comments: