Thursday, September 18, 2008

Tooth Fairy Detail


Wednesday morning a distraught Lexi wakes up saying "The tooth fairy didn't come!" I was confused... she lost a tooth? I went to her room to see what the deal was and sure enough she was missing one of her front teeth. I couldn't help but laugh because she looks really funny.


"What do you mean the tooth fairy didn't come? When did you lose a tooth?"


"Last night!" she says


"Was it after you were in bed?"


"Yes."


"Was I in bed?"


"Yes."


"Was dad in bed?"


"Yes."


"Did you come and tell us?"


"Yes."


"Oh, I don't remember that. Well I'm sure the tooth fairy will come tonight. She was probably already off duty when you lost your tooth." I reassured her.


I call John at work to find out if he remembers Lexi telling us about her lost tooth.


"Did you know Lexi lost a tooth last night?"


"Yah, she came in and told us. Don't you remember?"


"No."


"Yah, she came in the room and woke me up. I asked her what was wrong and she said she lost a tooth. She showed me but I could barely see anything."


"Did I say anything?"


"Yah, you asked if she knew where it was." (definitely sounds like something I would say LoL)


"Oh, I don't remember any of that. You should have reminded the tooth fairy."


Fast forward to this morning... crap, tooth fairy forgot again but luckily she was quiet enough to sneak in at 715am. She replaced the tooth with a dollar from the back pocket of her jeans and went about her day. Whew! A close call but all is well in Tooth Fairy World!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved this story, its fun thinking back and realizing what must have been going through your parent's mind at the time!