Wednesday, September 9, 2009

What's For Dinner Wednesday

A couple weeks ago I was browsing the Target frozen food section for clearance deals and found some yummy looking pizza-like appetizers. Sundried tomato and sausage on flatbread, you cannot tell me that doesn't sound good! 50% off for 12 of them making them less than $3 for the box. How could I pass that up? So I bought two.

Since I failed to take anything out for tonight's dinner, I decided that would be it. Upon taking them out of the box I realized how tiny they actually were, so it was a good thing I bought two boxes. 10 minutes later we had 24 mini "pizzas" that I paired with a side salad and corn on the cob. It was a super yummy, super easy and super cheap dinner.

Without counting the cost of the minimal amount of cheese, dressing and croutons put on the salad... our meal, that fed all 7 of us, cost roughly $8.66. I am convinced that is some kind of record... if not, at least it is for us :)

No comments: