Wednesday, September 23, 2009

What's for Dinner Wednesday

I took a HUGE roast out of the freezer the other day that needed cooked up so that is what we are having for dinner tonight.

A yummy roast with carrots and peeled potatoes, add some corn on the cob on the side and then ghettofy it with some ramen noodles. HA!

At the bottom of the crockpot I have got a small bag of baby carrots. That was all I had in the fridge. Remember, I took out the roast and hadn't cooked it yet... there's the reason. Well that, and I didn't have any potatoes. I had a friend bring me a few potatoes this morning and peeled and cut those to throw in the bottom of the crockpot with the carrots.

Then I rubbed some garlic and seasoned salt on the roast and placed it on top of the veggies. Covered that in one can of cream of mushroom and one can of cream of chicken followed by a can of water. I usually throw in some onion soup mix but I didn't have any. Set the crockpot low and it has been cooking ever since.

Now to get the rest of dinner finished up. Gotta throw in the corn on the cob and hope it turns out just as perfect as the last time. Probably not since the last time it was fresh from the grocery store and this time it has been sitting in my fridge. Oh well... one can hope right. And the ramen is so Lexi has a little something extra besides a side salad to go with her roast. She is so damn picky.

No comments: