Wednesday, June 2, 2010

ECHO.... echo...

Wow! Has it really been 4 months since I last posted?! Yah, I have no excuse. I spend a lot of time on the internet and there is no reason I shouldn't have been posting. I take that back, I do have an excuse but it's not a good one. In fact, it's such a bad excuse that I won't blame you if you never come back...

I am a quitter. Seriously! I quit EVERYTHING! I mean, I did graduate from high school and I did graduate from college and I would never quit being a mom no matter how much I want to... but still, everything else, I have quit. Other than being a mom, the longest job I ever held was for 11 months and while I thought I was fired, I actually quit... long story that I might share at a later date but right now... we are talking about me being a quitter.

So yah, I'm a quitter. That Couch to 5k I started... never finished. This blog... just up and quit one day. Workouts, diets, jobs... the list goes on and on and on. I want to change, I do... and I think this is where I will start.

I always feel like I have no purpose in life... like I want to go back to school or get a job to occupy my time. You know, what little time I have left after my kids have sucked the minutes out of the day. Something for me, something to escape to and that is what this blog is supposed to be. And even though I talk about my kids a lot... it is still my little vacation. A chance to feel like I am doing something useful besides the typical screw-up-my-kids-and-save-for-their-therapy-bills-instead-of-college-mom.

So, what do you say? Are you with me? Will you help me do something and hold me accountable? Hello? Is anyone out there? Are you even listening? Well... even if I am the only one reading this I am still going to do it. Like it or not, Bri is back in Blogger Town!

3 comments:

marissak said...

Glad you're back!

FindingAnge said...

I so know where you are coming from, this is a big problem of mine too! Next Sunday I will be running my first 5k race... I've only signed up for at least 5 in the last 6 years, and never completed, let alone tried to complete them :( It has taken a big change in my life to finally stick to something.

Whatever accountability you want, let me know! I could always use someone to kick my butt once in a while too!

Bri said...

Thanks Marissa! It's good to be back.

Angie, good luck with the 5k. I don't think I could ever do it. Besides the fact I feel weird about doing new things, I am a quitter... remember LoL Thanks for being here and let me know if I can return the kick for you :)