Monday, June 14, 2010

Movie Review Monday

Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street - Johnny Depp was excellent, as was the entire cast. In this movie adaptation of the musical, a man is wronged and comes back after 15 years for revenge with a new name and unrecognizable by the townspeople. I thought I would be "scared" to watch this by myself but up until the end I found the "blood" pretty comical. It was a great story and I loved the music. Worth a look if you like dark movies/musicals.

2012 - Toted as the "Best Disaster Movie Ever Made" by some guy from Fox, I did not think this was the case. Don't get me wrong... I LOOOOOOOVED the movie but I still think The Day After Tomorrow was much better. 2012 is a gripping movie with lots of action and a family outrunning everything that comes their way. If you like disaster movies this is definitely one to check out. It will keep you on the edge of your seat... but if you are one for the "believable" you may find this more comical than anything since there are lots of unbelievable aspects. To me, that makes the movie that much better. I only had a few "issues" with the movie myself... one part being when a plane is engulfed by an ash cloud but manages to escape when I know the ash would have ceased up the engines and took down the plane. But nonetheless... great movie! Great acting! Great story line!

No comments: