Thursday, June 24, 2010

Where Did Wednesday Go?

That's right! It was another one of those crazy hectic days that just got away from me.

We started yesterday morning with severe thunderstorms with a chance of tornadoes so Jacob stayed home from day camp. Good thing, too, cause he is scared of storms. We then had friends come over around lunch time to do some crafts. We made some cute Duck Tape purses! We made one for each of the older girls and it took forever. 4 rolls of Duck Tape to make 7 purses all for around $15. Not too bad!

After that was all done I sent Jacob home with a friend and kept two extra girls here with me. Then it started to storm again so we spent about an hour in the basement waiting it out. These storms are getting a bit ridiculous if I do say so myself. My friend has had her garden saturated, her basement flooded and half the shingles blow off her roof JUST THIS WEEK! It's insane. Summer isn't much fun when we are all hiding from Mother Nature.

John finally made it home from work and brought home pizza for us and the 7 kids we had here. I was beyond stressed out from the crazy day we had and had no desire to cook anything... not even leftovers. Pizza is always a winner though :)

After dinner I made the kids get ready for bed and watch a movie so that I could relax and do the same. I ended up watching Gracie. It's a soccer movie set in the late 70's where a girl wants to play on the boys soccer team after her brother (the team's soccer star) dies in a car accident. It's a feel good, you can do anything you put your mind to, kind of movie. Perfect for a lazy, rainy, stressed out from the day kinda night.

By the time that was over it was almost 11 and I was exhausted. So yah, that is where my Wednesday went. How was yours?

No comments: