Monday, November 10, 2008

Movie Review Monday - A CD Instead

Since I haven't watched any movies lately I thought I would partially review the new CD I bought the other day. My hubby has always liked Britney Spears so when I saw her new CD featuring her comeback song "Gimme More" I decided to pick it up for him (and because I wanted to listen to it). He wasn't very impressed and handed it over to me to give a listen to.

I must admit, I have not had the chance to listen to every song on the CD but the first two are definitely my favorites. The majority that I have heard, her voice is altered... kind of like Cher's about 8 yrs ago. It was starting to grate on my nerves a bit. There was actually one song that I had to skip over... I just couldn't stand listening to it.

The first song on the CD is "Gimme More" and it was the song she did at the VMAs. (You can view that on YouTube.) It is a really catchy song and it sounds like she is singing about being a stripper. I have seen the video, also on YouTube, and yup, pretty much seems like the song is about being a stripper. Still like the song though.

The second song is entitled "Piece of Me" and I just love it. It is stuck in my head pretty much 24/7 the last couple of days. I know she didn't write it but damn, it is the perfect song for her. She sings about all the criticism she is subjected to for being "Britney Spears" or basically any celebrity that is being torn apart for every little thing they do. I, by no means, condone everything that Britney has done in the past but that girl needs to be given a break. She is still human, after all. You can find that video on YouTube as well and I think that is a really good video.

As for the rest of the songs on the CD, I can't get into specifics. Like I said, I didn't really listen to the whole CD and I couldn't even tell you the names of the other songs. I suggest finding out if you are gonna like more than two songs off the CD before buying it or you could just upload those two for $1.98 to your Ipod.

1 comment:

Special K said...

We have the "Piece of Me" ipod style and it is catchy. I agree on the grating voice after awhile. But I do like the song!