Monday, November 24, 2008

Movie Review Monday

I have had the Manchurian Candidate for quite some time and John and I decided to sit down and watch it last week. I must say that I went to bed wondering WTH?! I was still pretty confused at the end.

The Manchurian Candidate - Denzel Washington and Liev Schreiber play two war heroes that were taken captive in the Persian Gulf War. After returning they begin to rebel. Neither were supposed to remember what happened to them but after talking to another member from his former unit, Marco (the character played by Washington) starts to remember the same things that his war buddy was describing. Remembering what happened to him and Shaw (Schreiber's character) he sets out to put a stop to this before Shaw becomes a brainwashed president.

The whole thing was a bit confusing as it jumped back and forth between the present and the future. The pieces began to fall together mid movie and from then on it was semi-predictable but still kept me wondering. On a 5 pt scale, I give this movie a 2 1/2... a 2 on Netflix is "didn't like it" where as a 3 is "liked it" and I was kind of on the fence. Not sure I would watch it again, but definitely worth checking out if you like psychological thrillers.

No comments: