Sunday, January 25, 2009

Tagged and a Milestone

First things first, this is my 300th blogpost! It wasn't that long ago that I was posting my 200th blog and now just 3 months later, I am up another 100 posts. Either I have a lot to say, or I have no life? Hmmm LoL

I am in the process of getting rid of a bunch of stuff I no longer use in preparation for packing and moving in 5 months so I will be back later to post a "White Elephant Giveaway" in honor of my 300th blog post. What better way is there to get readers over to my blog? Oh, yah, I could have something of interest to say.

So how about 25 random things about me. I was tagged over at Anna's blog two days ago so now I am following through. Without further ado... let the fun begin!

Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a post with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose people to be tagged.

1. While I was pregnant with Adam, I remember driving home from Savannah (we lived in Hinesville at the time), it was dark out and I jokingly said to John, "We should name him Thomas Anthony Nicholas Kellee and call him Tank!" He thought I was crazy and the more I said the name in my head, the more I liked it. It's a good thing we didn't name the little peanut Tank though.

2. My husband (and even friends) have to yell at me to go to the bathroom when I am busy doing something. I dance around the kitchen, stomp my foot, whatever I can until I am finished with the task at hand so I don't pee myself. I'm like a little kid.

3. I don't put DVDs back in their cases. I usually pull them out of the dvd player and throw them on top of it or on top of another case/movie that is already up there.

4. I let my kids drink my coffee

5. I just recently started recycling. I was too lazy to do it before but now they pick it up twice a month so I don't have to sort and take somewhere.

6. I am super critical of myself. I believe I suck at just about everything, including parenting, and I am never happy with the way I look.

7. My longest paying job lasted only 11 months.

8. I always wanted to be a mom. Since I can remember that was my biggest dream. Some days it is a nightmare and I wonder what the hell I was thinking.

9. I have to tap the top of my can in increments of 8 and at least 16 times before I open it even if it is not carbonated and won't explode on me. If I lose count, I start over.

10. John and I still play silly little games in the car like "padiddle" (one head light), "slug bug" (when you see a VW Beetle), "cruiser bruiser" (when you see a PT Cruiser) and "tracker smacker" (when you see a Geo/Chevy Tracker). I hit harder than he does LoL He also makes me kiss him before getting in the car and we have to say "I love you" before getting in the car.

11. I like High School Musical, Hannah Montana, The Suite Life of Zack & Cody and many other teeny bopper favorites.

12. I used to be able to sing. I was in choir and show choir and I even went to numerous contests. I scored a 1 (the highest) at one and had to perform my solo at one our choir concerts. I got so nervous my hands were sweating, I was rubbing them on my dress and I forgot my words. I ran off the stage crying. My family didn't let me live it down for a LONG time.

13. My brother and sister used to make fun of my boobs by saying "Chocolate donuts and munchkins!" while holding their hands out in front of them and pretending to squeeze something. It drove me nuts and they knew it!

14. I gave away a ton of baby clothes to families on Freecycle.org You should check it out. It's a great way to get rid of unwanted stuff, keep it out of the landfills and help other people in your community. Much more rewarding than handing it over to the Salvation Army or Goodwill.

15. I have to pee now but I will sit here until this is done before I go.

16. I am going to be a weekday single mom for the next five months while John is in South Carolina going to the Captain's Career Course. For the last month he has been home all day, every day and it has been a great help. I hope I can revert back to being supermom.

17. My 4 yr old walked in on us the other night in a compromising position. Thank goodness it was dark and she has a one track mind... which was bringing her around to my side of the bed to snuggle with me.

18. Thinking of 25 random things about me is a lot harder than I thought.

19. I am a homebody. I would rather stay in. The weather is either too cold, too hot, too rainy, or too buggy for me.

20. I have a thing for disaster movies. Titanic, Twister, Cast Away, Deep Blue Sea, Deep Impact, Armageddon... just to name a few.

21. I have no idea what my natural hair color is.

22. I think about Christmas shopping about 360 days out of the year. The other 5 are spent with family opening the current years presents.

23. I really thought I was going to die when I went to get my wisdom teeth pulled. I also thought I wouldn't ever be able to eat again.

24. I hate art stuff. The worst is playdoh. I still buy them stuff but I rarely let them use it because they dry out the markers, break all the crayons, waste all my paper, spill all the glitter, cut up things that shouldn't be cut up, write on the walls, get themselves all dirty and stress me out.

25. I want to be organized. My pantry has to be perfect. My movies are organized by TV series, then movie series, then our movies, then the kids' movies. They even used to be alphabetized. But my house is a total wreck. Everything is cluttered and I cannot bring myself to get rid of stuff that I think I *might* use. I am working on it though.

*Oh, now I have to Tag some people. Hmmm, I tag Tiffany, Sandi and Trace (and of course anyone else that wants to participate).

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

My girlfriend never puts away DVDs. She always throws them on top of the DVD player or she'll take a DVD out and put that DVD in the case of the DVD she's putting in to watch next. It drives me absolutely BATTY!

I also have to finish what I'm doing before I pee. If I'm posting a series of blogs or contests...I'll hold it til I'm done. If I'm on a roll at what I'm doing...forget it.

Tiffany said...

OMG you expect me to be able to come up with 25 interesting things about myself? Grr I will have to think about it.

you have to tap your can? really? We used to do "punch buggy" ALL the time! I even have a small VW bug figurine to remember that time by LOL.

Oh and you ARE NOT a bad parent! Your crazy but that has nothing to do with your parenting abilities!! haha No I'm being serious though you shouldn't be so hard on yourself!! HUGs!!

Bri said...

Tiffany - Yes, yes I do expect you to come up with 25 things, no one said they had to be interesting. It took me awhile to come up with my list. Some of the stuff was just popping in my head at random. Hence, 25 RANDOM things LoL The can thing, yes I know, I am weird. And I can't help but be hard on myself, it's in my nature.

Dominick - Welcome to the blog! I do the "dvd in the wrong case" thing too. Then I can never find what I am looking for. So I have to retrace my movie watching steps LoL

Anonymous said...

Oh Geez, Bri, you are so much more interesting than I am!! I totally disagree with your #6, though. You ARE a GREAT mom and you look fab! As moms, it's our job to be hypercritical of ourselves - just don't believe all of your criticism, K?

Bri said...

Oh whatever Sandi! You have chickens and rock at taking pics, how am I more interesting than you!? LoL

Anna said...

Great Job Bri!
it's soo hard to talk about yourself right?

Sheri said...

I just did this on Facebook lol it isn't easy to come up with that many things ... mine were a lot more boring than yours.