Saturday, June 14, 2008

Is this the kid's section???

You would have thought that was where we were sitting in an almost empty movie theater this evening.

Some friends and I had free movie tickets so decided to see a late movie tonight. There were 4 of us that went. We sat in the back row. There were maybe 6 other people in the theater when we got there.

Then these two girls came in. One was 15 and the other was about 8 or 9. The older girl kept yelling at her sister to be quiet during the commercials. At first it was humorous, then I think she was just doing it to cause a scene... the reason I think this is because for the entire movie this girl did NOT shut up! She even answered the phone and proceeded to talk on it during the movie.

Her little sister wasn't quite as annoying but she sounded sick. She kept coughing and sneezing. Not to mention shaking her beaded hair right in my ear. That was the final straw. I had to move. I did not go to the movies, free or not, to sit next to kids. If I wanted to watch a movie with noisy kids I would have stayed home and watched one of my Netflix movies.

What's even sadder is that it took me the majority of the movie to move to another seat because I was afraid of being rude... I was afraid of little rude girls thinking I was being rude. How sad is that? I should have said something to them or gotten a manager to get them out of there, would have made everyone else happy.

As we were walking out of the movie we saw a car parked out front with two people that looked like they could be the girls' parents (since they were just waiting and there were no other kids in there). I almost tapped on their window to tell them just how rude those girls were. I didn't though... I don't have the balls to do shit like that. One of these days I will snap... they are lucky I was in a good mood and that my kids hadn't pissed me off before leaving for the movie or I just might have gone off on them.

No comments: