Thursday, June 12, 2008

Potty Training

Grrr... I had a whole long post going, and then I lost it. Thought it would be saved since Blogger automatically saves but NOOOO there is NOTHING in my post. So grrr....

Anyway... back to your regularly scheduled program.

Adam is going on 2 1/2 and has yet to start potty training. He has NO interest. Well he does sit on the potty every once in awhile and he loves to flush for me. Other than that though, he is a rock when it comes to potty training.

I took Sara to the dr yesterday for her 18mth check up and she asked if Sara was going on the potty. When she first asked, I thought she said, "Is she going potty?" so I answered yes but then quickly realized she was implying that she was potty training already... ummmm no. My 2 1/2 yr old has no interest and I don't want to push my 1 1/2 yr old if she isn't ready.

This morning Adam woke up with a dry diaper so I took the opportunity to have him sit on the potty. He was resistant at first but I put him on anyways... despite the fact I don't want to push it, the drs question just pressed me. Damn doctors!!! He was sitting there just playing and wanting to get down when I farted... yes, I said it, I farted... I do that sometimes. I said excuse me and Adam laughed. I then asked him if he could fart. Not thinking he could actually do it... he concentrated and let one rip. We both laughed hysterically. I thought that would be a good way to get him to go on the potty so I kept encouraging him to fart. We both were laughing so hard after about the third time. THE KID CAN FART ON COMMAND!!! (typical guy for ya LoL)

He didn't end up going on the potty but I think it's a start. I will bring the potty chair in from the car and start both Adam and Sara at the same time. I'd always joked that I would potty train them at the same time and if I could, that would be awesome. Since Sara likes to sit on the potty chair I will let her sit there and put Adam on the big potty, maybe it will start some healthy competition between the two and I can have at least one out of diapers by the end of the year.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Awesome can I bring Wyatt and his potty - all three of them can do it together! LOL